Full-Time Big Data Developer
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
We have been building our Business Intelligence team and have made tremendous strides in creating the BEST BI environment this industry has seen! As a result, we’ve been able to provide strategic guidance and intelligence that has contributed to Bell’s success. If you want to work with the latest & greatest BI tools like, Best in Class Teradata, SAS and Hadoop all within an Agile Methodology environment, then this may be the role for you!
Our people are empowered to make big things happen and are supported by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
About the Role
The Big Data Developer will be a key member of the Bell Business Intelligence Big Data Team and work on the Hadoop platform. The Big Data Developer will work closely with Hadoop Administrators, Data Scientists, and business stakeholders. This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop high-performance data processing pipelines
- Partner with Business Analysts and internal customers to improve our data coverage and analytic capabilities;
- Ability to take initiative to research, learn and recommend emerging technologies
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
- Readiness and motivation (as senior or lead developer and valued subject matter expert) to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Experience developing and using virtualization, container-based and cloud platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Swarm, Docker, etc.
- Experience working with Apache Spark(Scala or Pyspark), Kafka and other big data technologies
- Experience in developing Big Data ingestion frameworks or experience in working with ingestion tools
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills, particularly those that apply to a “Big Data” environment.
- Experience with data pipeline E.T.L. tools, such as: Talend (added advantage)
- 2 years or more experience with multiple mainstream programming languages such as Python, Java, C++, C#, Go, etc.
- Strong Communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
Candidates will be required to complete a coding test as part of the interview process.