Full-Time Network Administrator
The Network Administrator will be responsible for the design, implementation, and management of the corporate network and related technical infrastructure as well as telephony/communications.
The Network Admin monitors and troubleshoots escalated network issues, network firewalls, internet filtering software, wireless equipment, switches and routers, load balancers.
- Support in the planning, identifying and documenting of processes and procedures for all critical infrastructure systems, including but not limited to the production environment, disaster recovery environment, data/voice cable, LAN/WAN environment, telecom environment, manufacturing network, and VoIP systems.
- Accountable for vendor management function, ensuring alignment with Trapeze Business and IT objectives and managing service delivery.
- Capacity and performance planning, overseeing software upgrades on production platforms.
- Manage routine changes, provision services, deployments, fault isolation, service recovery, and incident analysis.
- Review network characteristics and recommend procurement of, and/or modifications to network components
- Responds to escalated technical support issues and works the problem to resolution to reduce or prevent service interruptions.
- Work closely with the Service Desk, Systems Admins, Operations, and Cloud Infrastructure teams to establish alignment and to determine technology needs and direction.
- Leads, mentors, and coaches team members by helping facilitate team-building exercises, leading group meetings and discussion forums, and promoting a positive work environment.
- Installs and configures networking hardware and software, and manages the daily administrative activities associated with the Internet, Intranet, local area network, wide area network and connection to all of the above via MPLS, Wireless, and broadband connectivity.
- Investigates and tracks security incidents that have occurred within the network.
- Monitors the security protocols and identifies areas where there are gaps in the existing security policies of the enterprise and recommends resolution.
- Research installs and configures network routers and switches.
- Participates with vendors in the assessment of new enterprise technology.
- Maintains documentation concerning company infrastructure.
- Provides networking assistance and support to users.
- Will work on projects as assigned and will be responsible for meeting project requirements and deadlines.
- Monitors Internet network traffic and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Collaborate and support other team members to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations to support a growing network infrastructure design, develop, implement, and support network solutions for IT projects.
- Meets with the hardware groups to allocate server resources and installs and supports new web servers.
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology (IT) or equivalent
- Certification in CCNA
- 5+ years of experience as a Network Administrator or equivalent preferred
- Experience with load balancers, traffic managers, and VPN technologies, including Barracuda
- Experience with router and switch technologies including Cisco
- Experience with VOIP phone systems
- Network Security technologies including Firewalls, Network Intrusion Detection, IPSec VPNs, SSL VPNs, 2 Factor Authentication (RSA SecureID), RADIUS, TACACS, Access Control
- Experienced with LAN technologies including but not limited to Ethernet (Switched, FastE, GigE, 10Gig), Spanning-Tree, VLANs, EIGRP, BGP, VTP, and trunking (802.1q), wireless (802.1x) and LAN cabling including copper and fiber
- Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, MPLS, Firewall, IPS/IDS, load balancer, and routing protocols
- Effectively plan and organize own workload.
- Work under pressure/using own initiative with minimal supervision
- Team player, who contributes ideas and suggestions for improvement
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks