Full-Time Senior Security Analyst
Keeping You Moving
RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development. In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. You will be working in an environment that encourages you to do great work and you constantly will be faced with fresh challenges that have a direct impact on our business. We believe your personality and passion will keep RSA and our business moving forward. At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.At RSA Canada, our purpose is to Make Life Better Together and we do that every day through our commitments to our people, our customers and our partners. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, fair, and accessible environment where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential and where everyone feels comfortable being their true selves. We hire on the basis of merit and we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as equal access to training and promotion opportunities.
We are growing in our Security Operations team and interested in connecting with Senior Security Professionals! This role will be key in the business modernization and replatforming activities currently under way at RSA Canada, where you will have the opportunity to be a part of a total reshaping of the way we address cyber security. You will work closely with the teams responsible for taking the legacy environment and creating a secure, modern, cloud based computing environment.
Reporting to the Director, Security Operations, the Senior Security Analyst is responsible for detecting, investigating and managing cyber security incidents to resolution working closely with the business stakeholders. The successful candidate must have experience analyzing logs from IT systems and cyber security tools. In addition, you are the subject matter expert in using these tools to monitor activity, investigate with the business and institute security countermeasures to block cyber-threats before they happen.
We are passionate about our customers, our employees and work life balance. At the moment the role is remote with expectation to be in the office in the near future with ability to work from home.
Who you are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role
• You are experienced with Tier 2/3 SOC analyst when reviewing and analyzing security logs and reports from a variety of sources including security tools, servers, network devices to identify possible threats and action accordingly to mitigate using Threat Intelligence, SIEM, DLP, Malware Analysis and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR).
• Conduct technical intelligence analysis and extracting Indicators of Compromise (IOCs)
• Execute the Incident Response Lifecycle to drive threat remediation and identify countermeasures for improving future defenses
• Provide subject matter expertise and establish requirements on incident management execution considering information security standards, best practices, and compliance requirements
• Stay abreast of industry best practices in threat management, intelligence, and proactive defense methods to increase repeatability and reduce day-to-day manual effort
• Work collaboratively in different areas of the organization, maintaining critical path relationships in all levels of the organization
• Maintain a dashboard of threat metrics by critical process/system, and/or other critical path elements; incorporating the different feeds of threat data into a unified and easy to understand view
• Manage third party relationships relating to corporate security services as required (e.g. SOC, Penetration testing).
• Coach and mentor junior security analysts
What you bring to this role
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Senior Security or Senior Cyber Analyst and 2+ years in Security Operations or related role
• Experience with threat hunting, forensic or as a secure application developer
• Extensive and thorough understanding of incident response process, investigations and managing cases with enterprise SIEM systems and endpoint tools.
• Post-secondary degree in IT Engineering and one or more certifications (GCIA, GCIH, CISSP or similar)
• Knowledge and experience with security vulnerabilities, exploits, malware and digital forensics as they relate to Incident Response
• Strong deductive reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving, and prioritization skills
• Excellent ability to communicate at all levels of an organization and among a geographically distributed team
• Hands on experience on developing automation/orchestration (SOAR) and process for improvements to daily security operations
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line. RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.