Full-Time Software Developer
Who we are
At Adlib, we are redefining how the world manages and leverages unstructured information. As the global leader in Advanced Rendering technology, Adlib helps organizations in the Energy, Life Sciences, Insurance, and Banking sectors, among others, enhance content-centric processes by unlocking the value in unstructured content.
Who you are
You are a passionate software developer who loves what they do, and takes pride in delivering excellent software, who uses industry leading best practices in Agile development. You raise the bar and love to bring a dev team and the product you’ll be delivering to the next level. You love working on emerging technologies and creating awesome products with huge real life value.
Our new Software Developer will:
Be responsible for developing and delivering high-quality, unit-tested software and supplying accurate and concise information to ensure that Adlib’s Product Owners can regularly meet the technology needs of Adlib’s clients and stakeholders.
- Work on all phases of software development
- Participate in detailed software design, providing creativity and innovation
- Develop code to solve basic technical requirements
- Code, unit test and debug existing or new software under minimal direction
- Participate in the development of user manuals and other product documentation
- Provide support to internal customers for product / technical issues
- Suggest enhancements to Product Management
- Take ownership of assigned personal tasks
- Troubleshoot issues coming in from Support
- Participate in research activities
- Provide consulting services to Adlib’s clients on-or off-site as may be assigned periodically
- Follow Adlib development process guidance
Our new Software Developer has:
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science
- 2+ years experience in web and software development
- Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- .Net Framework 4.0 or greater
- Visual Studio 2015 and higher
- C# programming language
- Team Foundation Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) / Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Agile Methodology: Working in Sprint Teams
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Plus experience with some of:
- C++, Java programming languages
- Windows Communication Foundation
- SharePoint Workflow development
- PDF specification and related technologies
- XML, XSLT, XSD, XSL-FO, SOAP technology
- Web Technologies such as REST API’s, HTML5, Cloud Computing, jQuery
- Microsoft Office APIs
- Windows Workflow Foundation
- SharePoint API
- Working with Enterprise Content Management (ECM) such as SharePoint, Documentum, Livelink, Interwoven and FileNet
What’s in it for you?
We wholeheartedly believe that maximizing work-life balance is one of the most important paths to high performance. To that end, we have an open-vacation policy and many programs to promote employee wellness. We have massage therapist days, badminton, baseball, fresh fruit in the lunchroom and fitness membership reimbursement.
Adlib is located in Burlington, Ontario and many of our employees also enjoy a minimal commute which allows for maximum family and friends time.
Adlib’s headquarters are located in Burlington, Ontario. As a company, we care about employee health and wellness and develop programs that align to achieving personal and professional satisfaction. We are also passionate about our community and participate in many local charitable events.
At Adlib we have a number of employee programs and benefits that drive our culture and values including but not limited to:
- Fitness reimbursement
- RRSP matching
- No limit vacation
- Extended maternity and paternity leave
- Employee assistance programs, and much more
Adlib seeks to inspire and nurture the human spirit – we understand that each person brings a distinct life experience to the table. Embracing diversity not only enhances our work culture but drives business success. Adlib encourages applications from everybody, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.