Full-Time System Administrator (Citrix)
Purpose of this role:
The Systems Administrator will be responsible to engineer, build, plan, automate, administer, and maintain Citrix Infrastructure, along with other Data Center and Infrastructure Applications to ensure Moneris has a robust, scalable, reliable and efficient Infrastructure on perm and cloud that supports its business.
You will be accountable to:
- Design a green field Citrix environment in accordance to the Standards and Operational principles of the Infrastructure services.
- Engineer, deploy and administer citrix environment to meet the desired business requirements.
- Participate in the daily operations, including BAU Service and Change Requests, Incident Investigation / Remediation, troubleshooting, and Monitoring of Systems & Services
- Leads in creating a services offering and SLAs of new citrix solution in conjunction with Application owners.
- Develop, deploy and manage monitoring, reporting and alerting tools for the Citrix infrastructure, including day-to-day monitoring of the Citrix environment to ensure the integrity of all resource elements
- Create & Enforce technology standards, processes and policies related to Systems and Storage for the service offerings
Your experience includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT or a related field of study and/or 8+ years of equivalent IT working experience
- At least 6 years of experience in designing /building/automating/administration/monitoring Citrix environments with both XenApp and XenDesktop with multiple sites and farms
- Strong knowledge in design, implementation, troubleshooting of Citrix Presentation Server, XenApp and XenDesktop; have performed Citrix upgrade and farm migration from planning through implementation.
- Expert on multiple versions of Citrix and strong experience of Citrix Secure gateway/Web Interface /NetScaler)
- At least 4 years of experience with at least one of the following technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory & Failover clustering, Server Hardware preferably Cisco UC or VMware virtualization
- Some experience with scripting, automation, and orchestration technologies and languages like batch, PowerShell, VBScript, Ansible, Perl, Python, Puppet, , Openstack, etc.