Full-Time Technical Support Analyst
Since 1970, TVO has existed to ignite the potential in everyone through the power of learning. Through impactful digital education products, in-depth current affairs, thought-provoking TVO Original documentaries, and award-winning TVOkids content, we prepare Ontarians for success in school and life.
A digital learning and media organization, TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario, and is a registered charity supported by thousands of sponsors and donors.
Find and follow us on: YouTube (@TVO), Twitter (@TVO), Facebook (@TVO), and Instagram (@WeAreTVO).
The Technical Support Analyst is a vital role in leveraging TVO’s digital transformation. This opportunity will ensure that our employees are responsive, nimble and efficient by providing them with the technical support that they need as we move towards new technologies and cloud computing platforms.
The successful candidate will create, maintain, and enhance end user infrastructures. The infrastructure is physical and virtual, on-premise, in the cloud, and at other third-party premises. You will deploy hardware and software tools, provide second level technical support, and ensure secure and sustainable solutions.
- Perform on-site and remote analysis, diagnosis and resolution for complex desktop problems experienced by clients
- Script in PowerShell to automate such tasks as data transfer and software deployment
- Use Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to manage hardware and users through GPO
- Configure, deploy and support mobile devices (iOS and Android OS) and wireless connectivity
- Implement and support unified communication tools as well as SaaS applications for clients
- Implement and support VDI environments provided to clients
- Diagnose and resolve network connectivity issues experienced on client desktops
- Diagnose and resolve hardware performance issues experienced by clients
- Deploy antivirus software and apply security upgrades and patches
- Diagnose and sanitize machines infected with viruses, spyware and ransomware
- Develop, maintain and deploy OS images to new hardware
- Install VPN clients and troubleshoot remote connectivity issues
- Maintain desktop hardware and peripherals inventory within the asset management system in accordance with established process and procedures; assist with desktop hardware and peripheral asset refreshes and in the end of life process of retired equipment
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and suggest workflow improvements
- Ensure accurate documentation of hardware and software issues in Incident Management System
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a relevant field
- Between two and five years of IT experience in an enterprise environment
- Expertise in the following:
- Latest Microsoft Windows and macOS platforms
- Microsoft Office productivity suite
- Network diagnostics
- Endpoint security products (Symantec anti-virus, McAfee, Trend Micro, etc.)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- CISCO IPSec VPN
- Cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) such as Office 365 and Google Apps
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates TVO’s values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
- MCDST Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician
- MOUS Microsoft Office User Specialist
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by July 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
At TVO, we believe that the diversity of our team strengthens our ability to develop creative solutions and products that are reflective of Ontarians.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.